A yearlong course for grades 2-3
Song School Spanish Book 2 continues the engaging introduction to Spanish started in Song School Spanish Book 1. Each weekly lesson is peppered with songs, illustrations, handwriting practice, and activities for easy mastery and memorization. These activities include matching, writing, fill-in-the-blank, and drawing. Students will learn 185 everyday Spanish vocabulary words and phrases for people, places, things, actions, feelings, questions, days of the week, months of the year, the weather, and more. The enclosed CD features professional recordings of all songs taught in the text. As the perfect bridge between Song School Spanish Book 1 and Spanish for Children Primer A, Song School Spanish Book 2 gently and gradually introduces students to Spanish grammar, as well as new vocabulary, amply preparing students to move on to the next step of their Spanish language studies.
- Recommended for students in 2nd or 3rd grade
- 24 weekly lessons, 6 review chapters, and 1 end-of-book review chapter
- Accompanying children’s music CD included in the student book (features more than 25 songs and chants sung by native Spanish speakers)
- 185 new vocabulary words and phrases as well as review words, with pronunciation guide
- Gentle, gradual introduction to Spanish grammar
Q: Can I still use Song School Spanish Book 2 if my students haven't completed Song School Spanish Book 1?
A: Yes, you can! We recommend asking new students to listen to the Song School Spanish Book 1 pronunciation files (available for free on the Support tab of the Song School Spanish Book 1 product pages) for extra practice. Also regularly schedule review time for the whole class. For example, ask new students to spend two weeks listening to the Book 1 songs, then schedule a vocabulary review game for the whole class at the end of those two weeks.
This is a consumable item.