A year long course for grades 2-3
Song School Spanish Book 2 continues the engaging introduction to Spanish started in Song School Spanish Book 1. Each weekly lesson is peppered with songs, illustrations, handwriting practice, and activities for easy mastery and memorization. These activities include matching, writing, fill-in-the-blank, and drawing. Students will learn 185 everyday Spanish vocabulary words and phrases for people, places, things, actions, feelings, questions, days of the week, months of the year, the weather, and more. The enclosed CD features professional recordings of all songs taught in the text. As the perfect bridge between Song School Spanish Book 1 and Spanish for Children Primer A, Song School Spanish Book 2 gently and gradually introduces students to Spanish grammar, as well as new vocabulary, amply preparing students to move on to the next step of their Spanish language studies. Full program includes:
- Song School Spanish Book 2 (consumable student edition) This book contains 31 weekly chapters, including review chapters, and a lively musical CD with more than 25 songs/chants (sung by native Spanish speakers) featuring the vocabulary from each chapter—a delightful part of the program that reinforces the Spanish taught in the book. Each weekly lesson is peppered with songs, illustrations, handwriting practice, and activities for easy mastery and memorization. These activities include matching, writing, fill-in-the-blank, and drawing. Students will learn 185 everyday Spanish vocabulary words and phrases for people, places, things, actions, feelings, questions, days of the week, months of the year, the weather, and more.
- Song School Spanish Book 2 Teacher’s Edition This edition contains the full content of the Song School Spanish Book 2 student text, along with answers and teacher’s notes and tips. This teacher resource also incorporates brand-new small group activities, designed to help students practice vocabulary and get used to speaking Spanish for a real task, and active games, designed as opportunities to combine language acquisition with gross motor movement. This teacher’s edition is a valuable accompaniment to your student’s Spanish studies!
- Song School Spanish Book 2 Streaming Video (or 2-DVD Set) The 24 episodes feature a lively, native Spanish maestra who teaches students with engaging vocabulary, skits, and grammar lessons. Students will continue to enjoy following Ellen in the Little Moments stories. They will also have the opportunity to practice review vocabulary from Song School Spanish Book 1. (Note: There are no full episodes for the review chapters.) The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. For Homeschoolers, streaming access lasts for the life of the product. Returning school customers continue receiving streaming access at no annual cost when student editions are purchased by October 31st.
- Rabbit Run (included with streaming video): Run and double-jump to collect the correct Spanish vocabulary translations, all while eating your veggies! Try now.
- Spanish Amigo Match 2 Flashcard Game This reinforcing game features all the vocabulary from Song School Spanish Book 2. In groups or individually, students can play Memory or Go Fish by collecting Spanish and English matches. The deck can also be used as flash cards for extra practice. Each card lists the corresponding chapter number from Song School Spanish Book 2.
Q: Can I purchase a second student edition without the CD for my other students/children? A: Unfortunately, no. Because we (Classical Academic Press) print such large quantities of the student edition with the CD included, we would actually have to charge more for a version without a CD if we did a small print run.