2 left in stock
by Cheryl Swope
This revolutionary new book guides parents and teachers in implementing the beauty of a classical education with special-needs and struggling students. Cheryl is an advocate of classical Christian education for special-needs students. The love of history, music, literature, and Latin instilled in her own children has created in Cheryl the desire to share the message that classical education offers benefits to any child.
♦ Increase your child’s academic success
♦ Restore your child’s love of learning
♦ Regain confidence to teach any child
♦ Renew your vision of hope for your special-needs child
♦ Receive help navigating the daunting process of receiving a diagnosis
♦ Learn how to modify existing resources for your child’s needs
♦ Find simple strategies any parent or teacher can implement immediately
♦ Appreciate a spiritual context for bringing truth, goodness, and beauty to any child
Who Will Benefit From This Book?
- Parents of special-needs children. Whether the needs are mild and common, or more severe and complex. Some may not have heard of Classical Education, but they want the best possible education for their children. Others may be well-versed in Classical Education, but wonder whether their special-needs children can benefit from it. This book was written especially for you.
- Anyone interested in a straightforward explanation of Classical Christian Education. Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child offers an accessible description of Classical Education and its implementation.
- Teachers of special-needs students. Whether in a tutorial setting, classroom, cottage school setting, homeschool, teachers of special-needs students will find encouragement, strategies, and resources in this book.
- Families who wish to homeschool their special-needs children. Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Childoffers support and recommendations from toddlerhood through high school.
- Parents who wonder whether a specific child might need further assessment. You will receive suggestions on informal and formal evalutations with screenings, charts, and tips for navigating the diagnostic process.
- Classical school headmasters and teachers who know they are not meeting the educational needs of some struggling students. Find support in these pages for bringing classical education to special-needs students, rather than ask such stuents not to return. School may wish to better integrate these students in to classical classrooms or design a “school within a school” in which smaller classroom (perhaps K-3 and 4-8) provide a much slower pace overall. With improved strategies and methods, struggling students can continue to receive a classical education.
- Anyone already engaged in the excellent pursuit of bringing classical Christian education to any child. This book is intended to encourage, inspire, and assist classroom teachers, homeschoolers, university professors, classical publishers, headmasters, and more.