by Robert Livesey
This eighth book in the Discovering Canada series will introduce young readers to the daring rebels who created political and social changes in Canada in the 1800's and 1900's.
* creating revolutionary slogans and banners
* publishing a newspaper or web page
* constructing an electronic board game
* designing rebel trading cardsM
* solving a Canadian Rebel crossword puzzle
Lower Canada Rebels: Louis-Joseph Papineau and others
Upper Canada Rebels: William Lyon Mackenzie and others
Irish Rebels: D’Arcy McGee and others<BR.
Newspaper Rebels: Joseph Howe, Amor de Cosmos and others
Aboriginal Rebels: Louis Riel, Gabriel Dumont, Big Bear and others
Social Rebels: Dr. James Barry, Dr. Norman Bethune and others