by Kathryn Smithyman and Bobbie Kalman
The Tlingit, the Haida, and the Kwakiutl are among the hundreds of separate groups of Native peoples who have lived on the Northwest Coast of North America for thousands of years. Children will learn how the Native peoples gathered food and other resources from the forests, rivers, and ocean. The text clearly describes the lifestyle, beliefs, and social structure of these peoples. Topics covered in Nations of the Northwest Coast include:
• the organization of families, clans, and moieties
• dwellings used in different seasons and locales
• canoes and other items carved from cedar
• trade between various groups of peoples
• the impact of the arrival of the Europeans
There are no reviews yet.