1 in stock.
Jensen's Punctuation features quick and painless lessons to make learning punctuation a breeze! This book features punctuation rules followed by pages of examples (that use excerpts from classical literature!) for students to work through; repetition of exercises is designed to help with long-term retention. Lessons take approximately 5-10 minutes each. All of the answer keys for exercises and tests are included with this one volume. Grades 8 & up. 184 pages, softcover.
Students will learn:
- The five basic rules for compound sentences that solve 75-90% of punctuation problems.
- How to use the punctuation index to help master all the punctuation rules worth knowing.
- Three types of key words and how they signal what type of punctuation is needed, if any.
- What kinds of words in what kinds of situations need capitals and how to identify them in sentences.
- When and when not to use a comma with modifiers occurring in various positions in a sentence.
- How to correctly use the semicolon in the most common situation in which it occurs.